Using Mobile Credentials To Secure Your Business
April 19th, 2019
Smartphones, smartwatches, and tablets have become ubiquitous in our society. Nearly everyone in Denison, TX has one and their uses are endless. One of the newest ways to use mobile technology is to control access entry. Mobile technology can replace standard systems like magnetic key cards and personal identification numbers (PINs) to allow access. The best part of this technology is that it’s easy and discreet for employees and visitors to use, but still offers a high level of security for your building.
How Do Mobile Credentials Worth With Access Control
Mobile credentialing is a straightforward process that uses some of the advanced technology already used by most businesses. Here is the basic process:
- When an employee or visitor needs credentials to enter a building, management will communicate this need with security.
- Management will work with security to determine the level of access to grant.
- The security staff will use software to program the level of access and send the credentials via email or text from a cloud-hosted server to the individual.
- The individual will then download an application onto their phone, smartwatch, or tablet that allows access.
- When the individual approaches the entry point, they will turn on the application.
- The application will interface with Bluetooth technology and automatically allow the access.
The system works very smoothly as doors will open automatically without the individual even having to remove their smart device from their pocket or purse.
The Benefits Of Access Entry With Mobile Credentialing
There are many benefits to utilizing mobile credentialing including:
- Highly Secure: Unlike PINs and keycards, most people are not willing to just hand off their mobile devices to someone else. Mobile devices also use things like PINs and biometrics to turn on, so even if a device is stolen, it will be hard for a criminal to use it.
- Easy To Use: Mobile credentials are very easy because they are completely automated. Employees don’t have to remember to bring their card every day or worry about forgetting their PIN. They simply walk in the door. Furthermore, it’s easier for security staff. If ever you need to expand the authorization credentials of an employee, they simply go into the software and change the settings. This is much simpler than issuing a new card or pin code.
- Cost-Effective: Magnetic key cards are very expensive. Not only are there the upfront costs, but if they are lost, stolen, or damaged, they have to be replaced. Using mobile credentialing gets rid of these costs.
Denison, TX companies will experience these benefits out of the gate.
Mobile credentialing is a great option for access entry to your business. It can be implemented quickly and cost effectively and is ideal for large companies or those with lots of visitors or high employee turnover rates. The best part is it interfaces easily with your existing security technology. Implementation is simply a matter of replacing your existing access entry system with Bluetooth entry systems. Then training your Denison, TX security team on the software credentialing and communicating to your staff how to use the new system.